Old 04-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Joby Mathew

Default which is the best webserver

Apache or Nginx

Old 04-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 20/04/12 14:44, Joby Mathew wrote:

> Apache or Nginx

Yes.

Or Apache, Monkey, or Nginx is best.

Depending on your needs.

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-

Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Mika Suomalainen

20.04.2012 07:44, Joby Mathew kirjoitti:

> Apache or Nginx

Please do not use HTML.

It depends on user. I have always used Apache, but some people say that
Nginx is better. I don't have any usage experience with it. I also know
one person who says that he is using combination of them both, but I am
not sure how it happens.

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728

Old 04-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Darac Marjal

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:14:07AM +0530, Joby Mathew wrote:
> Apache or Nginx

There's only one way to find out.

FIGHT!!![1]

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np6gyUb0E7o

Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Jon Dowland

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:14:07AM +0530, Joby Mathew wrote:
> Apache or Nginx

You need to define your evaluation criteria.

Personally I use lighttpd.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Celejar

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:01:05 +0300
Mika Suomalainen <mika.henrik.mainio@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 20.04.2012 07:44, Joby Mathew kirjoitti:
> >
> > Apache or Nginx
> >

> Please do not use HTML.
>
> It depends on user. I have always used Apache, but some people say that
> Nginx is better. I don't have any usage experience with it. I also know
> one person who says that he is using combination of them both, but I am
> not sure how it happens.

And check out lighttpd.

Celejar

Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Miles Fidelman

Celejar wrote:

Please do not use HTML.

It depends on user. I have always used Apache, but some people say that
Nginx is better. I don't have any usage experience with it. I also know
one person who says that he is using combination of them both, but I am
not sure how it happens.
And check out lighttpd.

As someone else wrote, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

You can't beat Apache for the number of add-on modules that do useful stuff.

For serious performance under high transaction loads, you might look at
some of the Erlang-based servers, like Yaws.

Also for high performance under load, and lots of bells and whistles,
people tend to forget aolserver, and OpenACS which is built on top of it.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra

Archive: 4F91644B.50902@meetinghouse.net">http://lists.debian.org/4F91644B.50902@meetinghouse.net

Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:14:07 +0530, Joby Mathew wrote:

No html, please, thanks.

> Apache or Nginx

There's no "better or worse" (those are empty words that rest at the
marketing departments) but different implementations to do one thing for
different usages/scenarios, meaning "best" is whichever "best" matches
your needs.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón