Old 04-19-2012, 01:12 PM
"J. Bakshi"

Default how to change bubble size ?

Dear list,

Could any one suggest me a way to change the fontsize of the desktop
bubble of notify-deamon ? It is too big ...

Old 04-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Lorenzo Sutton

On 19/04/12 15:12, J. Bakshi wrote:

Dear list,

Could any one suggest me a way to change the fontsize of the desktop
bubble of notify-deamon ? It is too big ...
I think it depends on the DE. On XFCE I've noticed it uses the "default
font" as set from Settings > Apparence | Fonts

Lorenzo.

Archive: 4F90125E.3060706@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F90125E.3060706@gmail.com

Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:42:35 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

> Could any one suggest me a way to change the fontsize of the desktop
> bubble of notify-deamon ? It is too big ...

Are you in GNOME2/3?

Anyway, I'm unaware of any tool that allows to control the font of the
notification alert.

In GNOME2 you could control the "style" and positition of the bubble but
the font was linked to the system default values (mmm, maybe by using a
GTK style that specifically controls the font size, but I don't know if
there's any key for that :-?).

In gnome-shell I have set all of the fonts to render at "8pt" and this
seems to affect also the text at the notification area.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM
"J. Bakshi"

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:49:24 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:42:35 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
>
> > Could any one suggest me a way to change the fontsize of the desktop
> > bubble of notify-deamon ? It is too big ...
>
> Are you in GNOME2/3?
>
> Anyway, I'm unaware of any tool that allows to control the font of the
> notification alert.
>
> In GNOME2 you could control the "style" and positition of the bubble but
> the font was linked to the system default values (mmm, maybe by using a
> GTK style that specifically controls the font size, but I don't know if
> there's any key for that :-?).
>
> In gnome-shell I have set all of the fonts to render at "8pt" and this
> seems to affect also the text at the notification area.
>
> Greetings,

I'm using icewm. and the desktop theme controller is lxappearence

Old 04-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:52:16 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:49:24 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:42:35 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
>>
>> > Could any one suggest me a way to change the fontsize of the desktop
>> > bubble of notify-deamon ? It is too big ...
>>
>> Are you in GNOME2/3?

(...)

> I'm using icewm. and the desktop theme controller is lxappearence

Ouch! You should have started from there >;-)

Sorry then, I don't know how "lxappearence" manages this.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Iuri Guilherme dos Santos Martins

Could any one suggest me a way to change the fontsize of the desktop
bubble of notify-deamon ? It is too big ...

Are you in GNOME2/3?

(...)

I'm using icewm. and the desktop theme controller is lxappearence

Ouch! You should have started from there>;-)

Sorry then, I don't know how "lxappearence" manages this.

Greetings,

lxappearence does not manage this.

You are probably talking about the libnotify used with gtk.

It is a black retangle with round edges and white font?

Archive: 4F904476.2010607@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F904476.2010607@gmail.com

Old 04-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:59:34 -0300, Iuri Guilherme dos Santos Martins
wrote:

>> (...)
>>

>>> I'm using icewm. and the desktop theme controller is lxappearence
>>>
>> Ouch! You should have started from there>;-)
>>
>> Sorry then, I don't know how "lxappearence" manages this.
>>

> lxappearence does not manage this.
>
> You are probably talking about the libnotify used with gtk.

I can't tell. The OP said "notify-deamon" so I thought he was referring
to the "notification-daemon" package...

Old 04-20-2012, 04:38 AM
"J. Bakshi"

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:03:54 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:59:34 -0300, Iuri Guilherme dos Santos Martins
> wrote:

> >> (...)

> >> Ouch! You should have started from there>;-)
> >>
> >> Sorry then, I don't know how "lxappearence" manages this.
> >>

> > lxappearence does not manage this.
> >
> > You are probably talking about the libnotify used with gtk.
>
> I can't tell. The OP said "notify-deamon" so I thought he was referring
> to the "notification-daemon" package...

exactly... it is notification-daemon available in debian....
But the bubble is too big and I want to minimize its size as well as it's font size.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:08:57 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:03:54 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:59:34 -0300, Iuri Guilherme dos Santos Martins
>> wrote:

(...)

>> > lxappearence does not manage this.
>> >
>> > You are probably talking about the libnotify used with gtk.
>>
>> I can't tell. The OP said "notify-deamon" so I thought he was referring
>> to the "notification-daemon" package...
>>
> exactly... it is notification-daemon available in debian.... But the
> bubble is too big and I want to minimize its size as well as it's font
> size.

Mmm, let me search a bit.

(googling-around)

[SOLVED]Customize notification-daemon

But it looks pretty hard because the style sheet is not documented and
you'll have to download the source package (from Debian), edit the
"theme.c" file and rebuild the package again. To me, too expensive and
time consuming :-P but hey, it's Friday, there's a long weekend in the
corner...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-21-2012, 04:45 AM
Iuri Guilherme dos Santos Martins

exactly... it is notification-daemon available in debian.... But the
bubble is too big and I want to minimize its size as well as it's font
size.

To me it looks like notification-daemon is not a good thing if you want
to edit it.

Also googling I found people talking about alternatives to it:

On the crunchbang and archs forums you find a lot of stuff regarding
openbox, icewm, 9wm, etc.