Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Olivier Sallou

Default can't get virsh shutdown (kvm) working with ACPI, ACPI events not detected

Hi,
I have a Debian (testing) virtual image above KVM, but I can't get the
shutdown event work.

I installed in my virtual image acpi-support (and acpi) packages to get
acpi support and I tried to load the button kernel module (as it seems
shutdown event maps to button event).

However, looking with acpi_listen, or kacpimonitor, I can't see any
event passing through when executing the shutdown command with virsh.

Has anyone an idea on how to fix this (or investigate it) ?

Thanks

Olivier

--

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438 (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335 D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438

Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Olivier Sallou

Le 4/19/12 2:35 PM, Olivier Sallou a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a Debian (testing) virtual image above KVM, but I can't get the
> shutdown event work.
>
> I installed in my virtual image acpi-support (and acpi) packages to get
> acpi support and I tried to load the button kernel module (as it seems
> shutdown event maps to button event).
>
> However, looking with acpi_listen, or kacpimonitor, I can't see any
> event passing through when executing the shutdown command with virsh.
>

> Has anyone an idea on how to fix this (or investigate it) ?
Answer to myself after many tests.
Installing acpi packages of course, plus modprobe on button and evdev....

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1