-   -   How do Install debian kernel without updating to latest kernel image (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/657467-how-do-install-debian-kernel-without-updating-latest-kernel-image.html)

04-19-2012 03:27 AM

How do Install debian kernel without updating to latest kernel image

I am trying to install different versions of Debian from Debian install CDs. For example Debian 6.0.0, 6.0.3 and 6.0.4. After installing any of CDs I see the debian_version is showing as 6.0.4. The uname –a shows the same after any of the installations. I want to install each of these versions and be able to build my driver against them. So I also need the linux kernel *header for the specific version of debian and kernel sources too.
*
I was told that installer *is automatically upgrading the system. No matter what combination I try during install, the debian_version and uname –a are the same!!!
*
Or is this expected behavior? What am I missing?