-   -   grub probe not working (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/65745-grub-probe-not-working.html)

Alan Chandler 04-07-2008 06:20 PM

grub probe not working

I have a system where two SATA drives are acting as software raid for
the operating system.

Aptitude is trying to upgrade my kernel, and calling update-grub. This
seems to sucessfully work out that /dev/sda1 is the boot partition on
the first of the two disks.

However if I manually do grub-probe it says

grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for /dev/sda1.

(which of course halts my kernel upgrade).

The same system also has /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde /dev/sdf which I are
different form factor memory reading device in the floppy slot.

I am wondering if grub is getting mixed up with these or something.

How can I find out why grub is complaining

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk