Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 AM
Frank McCormick

Default Sid upgrade problems

This is what I saw after the last upgrade on my Sid installation:

Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
dpkg: warning: version 'v' has bad syntax: version number does not start
with digit update-initramfs:
Generating /boot/initrd.img-v dpkg: warning: version 'v' has bad syntax:
version number does not start with digit
WARNING: missing /lib/modules/v Device driver support needs thus be
built-in linux image! FATAL: v: not absolute path.
ERROR: could not open directory
/var/tmp/mkinitramfs_CEjqBs/lib/modules/3.2.0-2-686-pae:

No such file or directory
FATAL: could not search modules: No such file or directory

Anybody else having this problem ?

--
Cheers
Frank

Archive: 4F8E49CE.2020008@videotron.ca">http://lists.debian.org/4F8E49CE.2020008@videotron.ca

Old 04-18-2012, 05:09 AM
Frank McCormick

This is what I saw after the last upgrade on my Sid installation:

Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
dpkg: warning: version 'v' has bad syntax: version number does not start
with digit update-initramfs:
Generating /boot/initrd.img-v dpkg: warning: version 'v' has bad syntax:
version number does not start with digit
WARNING: missing /lib/modules/v Device driver support needs thus be
built-in linux image! FATAL: v: not absolute path.
ERROR: could not open directory
/var/tmp/mkinitramfs_CEjqBs/lib/modules/3.2.0-2-686-pae:
No such file or directory
FATAL: could not search modules: No such file or directory

Anybody else having this problem ?

Answering my own question - there was a file in /var/lib/initramfs
containing only the single letter "v"...that was causing the problem.
Don't ask how it got there...I dunno.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Cheers
Frank

Archive: 4F8E4C84.10100@videotron.ca">http://lists.debian.org/4F8E4C84.10100@videotron.ca

Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 PM
hvw59601

Frank McCormick wrote:

[...]

That should be /var/lib/initramfs-tools?

Hugo

Archive: jmn1uk$26g$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jmn1uk$26g$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 04-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Frank McCormick

[...]