Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM
lina

Default Icedove setting

Hi,

When I tried to add an account of quasi-hotmail [1] one in the icedove.

POP setting
Server name: pod51003.outlook.com
Port: 995
Encryption method: SSL

SMTP setting
Server name: pod51003.outlook.com
Port: 587

The re-test process and password all passed, but once the account set
up. when I tried to send email, it popped up some waring.

An error occurred sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
greeting: +OK The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service is read

I tried:
IMAP setting
Server name: pod51003.outlook.com
Port: 993

The same problem.

Thanks ahead for your suggestions,

[1] I hate this email, kinda of... but it has thousands of email there
and for years. work mainly. so can't switch to other email. It's window
live one but didn't end up with .hotmail, rather something else.