Old 04-16-2012, 03:12 PM
T Elcor

Default Wheezy: dragon player not working with phonon-backend-gstreamer?

Hi,

I used dragon player with phonon-backend-xine and it was working fine. However, since phonon-backend-xine had been deprecated in wheezy, I installed phonon-backend-gstreamer and removed phonon-backend-xine. The result is that dragon player is no longer able to play videos (mp4s), dragon player starts up and just shows blank square instead of the video. Tried the vlc backed with the same non-working result.

Any ideas? Thanks

$ aptitude show dragonplayer
Package: dragonplayer
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Version: 4:4.7.4-2
Section: video

$ aptitude show phonon-backend-gstreamer
Package: phonon-backend-gstreamer
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 4:4.6.0.0-1

Old 04-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Christopher Judd

On Monday 16 April 2012 11:12:01 T Elcor wrote:

> aptitude show dragonplayer

*

It works fine here (wheezy, amd64) with the same version of dragonplayer, using phonon-backend-vlc.

*

-Chris

*

| Christopher Judd, Ph. D. |

| Research Scientist III |

| NYS Dept. of Health judd@wadsworth.org |

| Wadsworth Center - ESP |

| P. O. Box 509 518 486-7829 |

| Albany, NY 12201-0509 |

*

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain

confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally

privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It

is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or

from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not

distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the

sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your

system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:17 AM
T Elcor

--- On Mon, 4/16/12, Christopher Judd <judd@wadsworth.org> wrote:

> > aptitude show dragonplayer
> *
> It
> works fine here (wheezy, amd64) with the same version of
> dragonplayer, using phonon-backend-vlc.

Weird, I can't get it to work. Tried installing phonon-backend-vlc, it still doesn't work, purged phonon-backend-gstreamer, it still doesn't work, reinstalled phonon-backend-vlc, dragon player still doesn't work.

Not sure what to try next.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Chris Bannister

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 07:17:22PM -0700, T Elcor wrote:
> --- On Mon, 4/16/12, Christopher Judd <judd@wadsworth.org> wrote:
>

> > > aptitude show dragonplayer
> > *
> > It
> > works fine here (wheezy, amd64) with the same version of
> > dragonplayer, using phonon-backend-vlc.
>
> Weird, I can't get it to work. Tried installing phonon-backend-vlc, it still doesn't work, purged phonon-backend-gstreamer, it still doesn't work, reinstalled phonon-backend-vlc, dragon player still doesn't work.
>
> Not sure what to try next.

Have you got debian-multimedia.org in your sources list? If so, that
could possibly be the cause.

-- Napoleon Bonaparte