-   -   can we boot winxp iso image from grub2 ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/656509-can-we-boot-winxp-iso-image-grub2.html)

"J. Bakshi" 04-16-2012 12:09 PM

can we boot winxp iso image from grub2 ?

Dear list,

Is it possible to boot winxp installer iso from grub2 ?
Any clue is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Aleksandar Kostadinov 04-16-2012 12:27 PM

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:09 PM, J. Bakshi <bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> Is it possible to boot winxp installer iso from grub2 ?
> Any clue is very much appreciated.

I think the problem is not booting from the ISO but the loader from
ISO to find itself. Here is an article about booting an ISO [1]. But
it is much easier to create a small dos partition with freedos (for
the free dos and the content of the ISO). Then copy the files from the
install CD to that partition. Start freedos and run the windows
installer off it... not sure what exactly your use case is though.

[1] http://michael-prokop.at/blog/2009/05/25/boot-an-iso-via-grub2/