Old 04-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Christopher Judd

Default Printing error

Hi, all,

I have a strange error with cupsys that happens fairly often.
When I print a job, the printer sometimes doesn't print at all or stops
in the middle of a job. When this happens, the following error is
reported in /var/log/cupsys/error_log:

E [07/Apr/2008:11:44:02 -0400] Unsupported character set "iso-8859-1"!

The only locale on this machine is en_US iso-8859-1.

I ran dpkg-reconfigure locales to verify this, and there is no change,
I still get the errors. Any ideas what is wrong here?

-Chris

| Christopher Judd, Ph. D. judd@wadsworth.org |

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It
is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.