-   -   work Debian from usb-hdd (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/656258-work-debian-usb-hdd.html)

keith 04-15-2012 03:17 PM

work Debian from usb-hdd

Простаков Алексей wrote:

Hello dear friends,
I need your help.
Some days ago I want install Debian in USB-HDD. I read
documentation/FAQ and can install Debian with kernel 2.6.32-5 on
USB-HDD. I installed only console version. But can not run it. I
reboot and upload by my USB-HDD - ok

lilo run - ok
but system no work, I see - filesystem no mount, I think problem with
usb-support but no understand how I can repair. Perhaps somebody have
like problem and can help me?
My target is have usb-hdd with linux console, for repair and copy
data from main hdd if they will be broken.

With best regard, Alexey.

P.S. my english no good, please write to my very easy.

It would probably be easier to use the grub boot loader with a usb-hdd
installation.

You might need to mount it via the disk id.

Hope that helps.

--
Sent from Free Open Source Software
Debian GNU/Linux