Old 04-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Johan Grönqvist

Default Finding upgradable packages by priority

Hi,

I run testing and after 5 days without upgrading, I have around 100
upgradable packages. Normally, I upgrade when reaching the (arbitrarily
chosen) number 100, but I would like to have a better way of deciding
when I want to upgrade something.

What I would like to have is a way of finding upgradable packages where
the upgrade has a priority that is medium or high priority. The
intention is to make it easier for me to find out what important
upgrades are available, and decide based on that if when I want to upgrade.

I assume this kind of search would require downloading the changelog for
each upgradable package, and looking at all entries that are more recent
than the installed version, then returning a match to the search if any
of those versions are marked priority=meduim or above.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish what I want in an automated fashion?

Regards

Johan

Archive: jmbdsv$vmt$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jmbdsv$vmt$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Johan Grönqvist

I assume this kind of search would require downloading the changelog for
each upgradable package, and looking at all entries that are more recent
than the installed version, then returning a match to the search if any
of those versions are marked priority=meduim or above.

I do of course mean urgency=medium or above, not priority.

Sorry about the extra traffic.

/ johan

Archive: jmbe0u$vmt$2@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jmbe0u$vmt$2@dough.gmane.org

Old 04-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Sb, 14 apr 12, 10:54:54, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
> 2012-04-14 10:52, Johan Grönqvist skrev:
>
> >I assume this kind of search would require downloading the changelog for
> >each upgradable package, and looking at all entries that are more recent
> >than the installed version, then returning a match to the search if any
> >of those versions are marked priority=meduim or above.
>
> I do of course mean urgency=medium or above, not priority.
>
> Sorry about the extra traffic.

apt-listchanges would be the first place I would look, since it already
does changelog parsing.

Kind regards,
Andrei