-   -   localhost interfaces on vservers (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/65572-localhost-interfaces-vservers.html)

"Gabriel Harrison" 04-07-2008 02:36 PM

localhost interfaces on vservers

Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me as to hows and whys of the way localhost is implemented in vservers?

I've done a fair bit of reading so now know how to get more than one vserver's lo interface working by using different 127.0.0.x addresses and not binding things to 0.0.0.0. But I can't work out why the loopback adapters are not completely isolated from each other across the host and guest servers.

Also is this something that is likely to change with future versions?

Thanks,

Gabriel