Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Benjamin Schmidt

Default ssh to Vmware linux on a MS Window machine

Rich Healey wrote:

hce wrote:

Hi,

Can my debian box ssh to a Vmware linux on a MS Window machine? Both
debian box and the Window in the same subnet, I can ping the Window IP
address, but I cannot ping the Vmware linux IP address from my debian
box. How can I fix it?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim

Select both your primary network interface and the virtual interface
that the VM is attached to and right click -> select "bridge connections".

This will set up your windows machine to relay packets to the VM.

for that to work, you must set the hostmachine as an additional gateway
to your debian box.

The faster and easier solution would be if you simply bridge the the
VM's network adapter to the physical one. Todo that, open the VMs
specific configuration window, goto the primary network adapter and
select: bridge.

Best regards,
Benjamin Schmidt