Old 04-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Raffaele Morelli

Default : yet another linux antivirus fairytale

Hi,
an italian newspaper has published an article about security risks and virus related issues on mac osx and obviously linux is cited.http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2012/04/12/sicuri-frottole/

In the article the author states: "[...] First myth: There are no viruses for Mac. In the mythology of fans, *the "Big Apple" operating system would be so solid that it can not be broken. False: Any operating system is vulnerable to viruses. Linux users are so well aware about that they use*security software. [...]"

Another quote:*"[...] the only*Mac immune to*viruses,*ironically,*are those*who have installed*Microsoft software such as*Word*and Excel. [...]"
regards-raffaele

--
L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una,
resta affidata all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita

Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Lorenzo Sutton