Old 04-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Muhammad Yousuf Khan

Default Samba share with multiple groups

my scenario is , i have two groups in active directory "Everyone" and
"admins" and i want to give everyone READ ONLY rights and on the other
hand "admins" would have FULL RIGHTS and this is going to be on one
single folder not multiple. i can only assign a single group to a
folder via "chown" command. but its not fulfilling the requirement of
mine. please help

i have just created a share with samba and samba is active directory
integrated. below is the share details
[share]
comment = Shared Directories
path = /share
valid users = admin
read only = No
create mask = 0775
directory mask = 0775

Thanks,

Old 04-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:38:51 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> my scenario is , i have two groups in active directory "Everyone" and
> "admins" and i want to give everyone READ ONLY rights and on the other
> hand "admins" would have FULL RIGHTS and this is going to be on one
> single folder not multiple. i can only assign a single group to a folder
> via "chown" command. but its not fulfilling the requirement of mine.
> please help
>
> i have just created a share with samba and samba is active directory
> integrated. below is the share details
> [share]
> comment = Shared Directories
> path = /share
> valid users = admin
> read only = No
> create mask = 0775
> directory mask = 0775

Look at "write list/read list" variables from smb.conf but given that
you're using active directory maybe this is not enough :-?

Should you need to define fine-grained permissions for the share, using
ACL can somehow alleviate that. Additional info can be found here:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/AccessControls.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón