Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Muhammad Yousuf Khan

Default root on console accepting all the passwords but SSH access denied

i just uninstalled these packages

libkrb53
krb5-config
krb5-user
samba
winbind
ntpdate
ntp

now when i try to connect via console i mean directly by the machine
it accepts everything as password for root and let me in weather right
password or wrong and when i ssh remotely it give me access deny even
for the real password.

please help

Thanks,

Old 04-11-2012, 07:06 AM
"J. Bakshi"

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:01:13 +0500
Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:

> i just uninstalled these packages
>
> libkrb53
> krb5-config
> krb5-user
> samba
> winbind
> ntpdate
> ntp
>
> now when i try to connect via console i mean directly by the machine
> it accepts everything as password for root and let me in weather right
> password or wrong and when i ssh remotely it give me access deny even
> for the real password.
>
> please help
>
> Thanks,

check /etc/ssh/sshd_config and check if root access is disable

Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Muhammad Yousuf Khan

given are the only uncommented lines and rest of them all are comment

SendEnv LANG LC_*
HashKnownHosts yes
GSSAPIAuthentication yes
GSSAPIDelegateCredentials no

secondly now i can also login via SSH i dont know how. i have just
created a test user "adduser" command and followed the procedure.
first i couldn't log on to SSH via "test" user but after few minutes i
can access via user "test" and also via "root" but the problem is it
accepts every thing as password. i mean no matter what ever i put as a
password it let me login.

Help please.

Thanks,

Old 04-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Muhammad Yousuf Khan

ok reinstalling the OS. i have a deadline to meet. so can not spent
time on troubleshooting.
Thanks for the support
may be i did some thing wrong in samba and active directory
integration but next time ill hopefully be very vigilant when playing
with the files.

Thanks anyways.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:
> given are the only uncommented lines and rest of them all are comment
>
> * *SendEnv LANG LC_*
> * *HashKnownHosts yes
> * *GSSAPIAuthentication yes
> * *GSSAPIDelegateCredentials no
>
> secondly now i can also login via SSH i dont know how. i have just
> created a test user "adduser" command and followed the procedure.
> first i couldn't log on to SSH via "test" user but after few minutes i
> can access via user "test" and also via "root" but the problem is it
> accepts every thing as password. i mean no matter what ever i put as a
> password it let me login.
>
> Help please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM, J. Bakshi <bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote: