Old 04-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Jude DaShiell

Default exim4 changed

Does anyone know what format change was done to
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros? In order to use verizon.net we needed
something like: 'AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORD = true' in the file in
the past. Now the only way that gets past update-exim4.conf is by
stripping the apostrophes and that generates a /var/lib/exim4/paniclog
when /etc/init.d/exim4 restart gets run.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Kevin Mark

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 04:19:36AM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Does anyone know what format change was done to
> /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros? In order to use verizon.net we needed
> something like: 'AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORD = true' in the file in
> the past. Now the only way that gets past update-exim4.conf is by
> stripping the apostrophes and that generates a /var/lib/exim4/paniclog
> when /etc/init.d/exim4 restart gets run.

Are you suggesting that you had the apostrophes in the file? That is not
that case.
this is the contents of mine:
AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORD=true
But to better diagnose the issue, I guess giving the output
of /var/lib/exim4/paniclog would help.
Cheers
--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|