Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Muhammad Yousuf Khan

Default user "root" problem after making Debian member of active directory 2003 server

Dear all,

i followed this article to make a memeber of my domain.

http://zeldor.biz/2010/12/debian-join-windows-domain/#more-1240

after making changes in all the files. as mentioned in the article.

/etc/krb5.conf
/etc/samba/smb.conf
/etc/ntp.conf
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/nsswitch.conf
vim /etc/pam.d/common-account
vim /etc/pam.d/common-auth
vim /etc/pam.d/common-password
vim /etc/pam.d/common-session

wbinfo -u. -g

Command successfully listing users

but when i run "net ads status"
it give me this error
kerberos_kinit_password root@$mydomain.com failed:

now after restart i coundnt make my self to login into the linux
machine. no i am stuck.

is there anything that can be done with out restart. and successfully
connect with AD if some thing is missing or any information is needed
please let me know.

Thank you,