FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Chris Bannister
 
Default configure Icedove for GPG/MIME?

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 09:13:40PM +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> On 08.04.2012 18:12, Chris Bannister wrote:
> <...>
> > The mail client should do all that for you.
> >
> >> Verifying PGP/MIME signature = ?
> >
> > ditto.
> >
> > I use the mutt email client and so don't know off hand but do any
> > of these help:
> >
> > http://ask.metafilter.com/18209/How-do-I-use-Thunderbirds-inbuilt-encryption
> >
> >
> http://www.djigzo.com/documents/smime-setup-guide.pdf
> > http://enigmail.mozdev.org/home/index.php.html
> >
> > Probably you should post to:
> > http://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/enigmail/ Archives:
> > http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/enigmail/
> >
> > This is interesting:
> > http://www.phildev.net/pgp/pgp_clear_vs_mime.html
> >
> > Alot of useful information using:
> >
> > Verifying PGP/MIME signature site:www.mozdev.org
> >
> > as the search term in google.
> >
>
> I know that email clients can do it automatically, but there are rare
> cases when it's necessary to verify signatures manually.

So Icedove does it automatically now?
Is the above helping you configure Icedove for GPG/MIME?

--
"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120408230038.GB7359@tal">http://lists.debian.org/20120408230038.GB7359@tal
 
Old 04-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Mika Suomalainen
 
Default configure Icedove for GPG/MIME?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 09.04.2012 02:00, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 09:13:40PM +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>> On 08.04.2012 18:12, Chris Bannister wrote: <...>
>>> The mail client should do all that for you.
>>>
>>>> Verifying PGP/MIME signature = ?
>>>
>>> ditto.
>>>
>>> I use the mutt email client and so don't know off hand but do
>>> any of these help:
>>>
>>> http://ask.metafilter.com/18209/How-do-I-use-Thunderbirds-inbuilt-encryption
>>>
>>>
>>
>>>
http://www.djigzo.com/documents/smime-setup-guide.pdf
>>> http://enigmail.mozdev.org/home/index.php.html
>>>
>>> Probably you should post to:
>>> http://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/enigmail/ Archives:
>>> http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/enigmail/
>>>
>>> This is interesting:
>>> http://www.phildev.net/pgp/pgp_clear_vs_mime.html
>>>
>>> Alot of useful information using:
>>>
>>> Verifying PGP/MIME signature site:www.mozdev.org
>>>
>>> as the search term in google.
>>>
>>
>> I know that email clients can do it automatically, but there are
>> rare cases when it's necessary to verify signatures manually.
>
> So Icedove does it automatically now? Is the above helping you
> configure Icedove for GPG/MIME?
>

What part you didn't understand?

A) GPG inline means GPG signature, which is in message text. It can be
verified by simply copy-pasting the whole message to gpg.

B) Icedove automatically uses GPG INLINE, unless checkbox to use
PGP/MIME is checked.

C) I am not checking that checkbox before I am told how do I verify
PGP/MIME signature manually.

D) PGP/MIME signature is signature in signature.asc and headers.

E) I am not going to use PGP/MIME before I am able to verify it manually.

F) I have tried to verify one for 45 minutes.

G) I have Googled for a long time.

H) I have asked for help at #gnupg at irc.freenode.net and heard that
it's "tricky".

Do you agree my point or do I just create filter to put your messages
directly to trash? This is the third time when I explain this.

- --
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.19 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJPgqAEAAoJEE21PP6CpGcoFfkP/3EsqU22Jx5ALjtfg6G0GjeR
YSk7AlDsUZZVvhQ64vpi/3JH9ri4p7QWbr/jZYtFDZBMOYhi+GaWCZOip90n9xMk
FV0sRcFoMd5Pt/uukNTekVDghCY4iFF8h9a+NtOMMNkhjdEqPlrUQnb5Dl2ISf1s
+B/JCL7Qxb36+arrUedo21lkOc6ZOxFGq0qzrki0xEE5dzdk49wy/ZNAAGnXboLw
xRLPMO3F3FT/esVoM7V/+u5zoFIslIJuNnIMzfWqc1M3wYdCyxURx2MKi5fEh5ep
RarvI2tLkyO4wSeIVWLoCZwbgum8EBpMPlSwn34BXoNazYWOuD avgAYSU1IlZHiF
pdJU/zoY+ygf+2+ddgA81aTijkcF+fCIU7XNF3GPwM54VLdU2TDTOxJ hsHPfKyub
mTxJHVTjWvFfo/ETFhABTHbTZlu0h8rqmEwisM9Tn0klBKx4DbMRzjUhkmeTVbua
Xj/1eMksFgC5slsu40TDZ9/GSoxVs6GShn/sgfV2LQ5e/lji9inAJQTURsGoJtry
dH0dyqseWfpRYFLQS6K0OaQ0wBdls0LaVZOlKOq10Tiu/LWfx5uK7VPn9TD6h7nk
5vRDYBNPPLQX1YfXW8VeNm97iapCWOTwBjcl3csaoycshQ8s0S 3M8q9ODPyHGiYe
ZGUQ4SfhERvXg2gq/9qJ
=RBoB
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4F82A00B.7050002@hotmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F82A00B.7050002@hotmail.com
 
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Chris Bannister
 
Default configure Icedove for GPG/MIME?

[Please trim your posts your posts on this mailing list]

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 11:38:35AM +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> On 09.04.2012 02:00, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 09:13:40PM +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> Do you agree my point or do I just create filter to put your messages
> directly to trash? This is the third time when I explain this.

I thought I was trying to help! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter
much now as quite a few people are already deleting your messages
because of your inline GPG.

I don't understand why you should need to verify your own messages.

--
"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120409125758.GC6989@tal">http://lists.debian.org/20120409125758.GC6989@tal
 
Old 04-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Mika Suomalainen
 
Default configure Icedove for GPG/MIME?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 09.04.2012 15:57, Chris Bannister wrote:
<...>
>
> I don't understand why you should need to verify your own
> messages.
>

I am asking how to manually verify PGP/MIME messages. I am not asking
how do I verify my own messages. I know that both have same way.

- --
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.19 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJPgvfIAAoJEE21PP6CpGco6fIP/jII1qETFwDDyxy9j/fX7ECL
dCMEO7JmpClUXs9z+E4240s8lWoVPoiy9Xu2AVMwhypz+4OzAy 4DFFsvS6anKAsl
IUXAntCJPEmCW70VoriHj/MUuNhCvjxo3nBEclzFI8+Tuf3I2AylurCq68CVjXVH
h7LpZS3cVHYQdX4H3EQGsrhU43acj2Mcu1EYlxjj07cmAPaRKW S8k/MoBpA9IUvQ
7G/354Cwq2SZxnWQc0AmdtlPCxL5ZvH8Bt4EupUHd4aiWdblkWb7R fhy9f0EuQiH
9TAcAAwMZfCmFsED2Wo1vzkwogzc0Jmv8zajNsV6x1Ep2qJoZi cXk5DU0YtPCu0B
CeXgLRACKYnNyvWDP0psWbMV4eQC8A7lHzCRJKQjGSKoqP02Dw EIL9FIt/eS+z2c
jkK9AETAIloZDh9Zc+diEv7hIhnyNJF9J9kbgKN2Sj5dMfphcp 1sNeM8Q6um71bo
04xpJAmXiDa6tcztRx0CXtcJYRLAK/mEVa/rM7dxEjNvRaYBtw9i98osXtwONK7M
ccBbWhRbrj6NggH8G4EQgF5CZx9CL6VZBDyx3+f0qtRKbm7uUx NfZuttoanlbNUy
pQFMQe/+Xgr+OloZKmFHO5nb5JtCk0Oln3B0Xt0wYTuuUGVJjUPGbnzkW 4WNuZJ9
qPTYY7bVe2P29f9xUcZa
=/76E
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4F82F7CA.8010603@hotmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F82F7CA.8010603@hotmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org