FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Dale Harris
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) pixelating text
within it's window? Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@maybe.org
rodmur@gmail.com
/.-)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120405181136.GA31015@arrr.med.cornell.edu">http://lists.debian.org/20120405181136.GA31015@arrr.med.cornell.edu
 
Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 14:11:37 -0400, Dale Harris wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) pixelating text
> within it's window? Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
> makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.

I have been having similar issues for a few days now, but they happen
only sporadically. My guess is that the most recent version of libcairo2
has a problem with certain AMD video cards. Check out the screenshots
here: http://bugs.debian.org/658252#37

--
Regards, |
Florian | http://www.florian-kulzer.eu


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120405194846.GA17940@isar.localhost">http://lists.debian.org/20120405194846.GA17940@isar.localhost
 
Old 04-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Tom Low-Shang
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 02:11:37PM -0400, Dale Harris wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) pixelating text
> within it's window? Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
> makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=666736


--
Tom Low-Shang
Cell 416 857 7013
Skype tomlowshang


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120405194943.GA5741@goblin.lowshang.com">http://lists.debian.org/20120405194943.GA5741@goblin.lowshang.com
 
Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Dale Harris
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm seeing. Thanks.


On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 09:48:46PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 14:11:37 -0400, Dale Harris wrote:
> > Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) pixelating text
> > within it's window? Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
> > makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.
>
> I have been having similar issues for a few days now, but they happen
> only sporadically. My guess is that the most recent version of libcairo2
> has a problem with certain AMD video cards. Check out the screenshots
> here: http://bugs.debian.org/658252#37
>
> --
> Regards, |
> Florian | http://www.florian-kulzer.eu
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120405194846.GA17940@isar.localhost
>

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@maybe.org
rodmur@gmail.com
/.-)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120405221059.GB31015@arrr.med.cornell.edu">http://lists.debian.org/20120405221059.GB31015@arrr.med.cornell.edu
 
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Scott Ferguson
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

On 06/04/12 04:11, Dale Harris wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) pixelating text
> within it's window? Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
> makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.
>
Iceweasel 11.0-4~bpo60+1 in Squeeze doesn't have that problem.
libcairo2 1.10.2-7~bpo60+1
libcairomm-1.0-1 1.8.4-3


Kind regards

--
Iceweasel/Firefox/Chrome/Chromium/Iceape/IE extensions for finding
answers to questions about Debian:-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/Scott_Ferguson/debian/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4F7E2B76.5090103@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F7E2B76.5090103@gmail.com
 
Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Rares Aioanei
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

On 04/05/2012 10:48 PM, Florian Kulzer wrote:

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 14:11:37 -0400, Dale Harris wrote:

Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) pixelating text
within it's window? Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.

I have been having similar issues for a few days now, but they happen
only sporadically. My guess is that the most recent version of libcairo2
has a problem with certain AMD video cards. Check out the screenshots
here: http://bugs.debian.org/658252#37


I see this on a Nvidia card using nouveau, so it's not just AMD.

--
Rares Aioanei


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4F7EA287.7010806@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F7EA287.7010806@gmail.com
 
Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 AM
wolf python london
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

On 6 April 2012 02:11, Dale Harris <rodmur@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) *pixelating text
> within it's window? *Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
> makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.
>
I have this problem too.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656021#20

They say new version of libcairo use some features in X which have had
bugs for long time,
but old version of libcairo didn't use these features. This bug have
been submitted to upstream.

> --
> Dale Harris
> rodmur@maybe.org
> rodmur@gmail.com
> /.-)
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120405181136.GA31015@arrr.med.cornell.edu
>



--
________________________
Yes, I use Debian GNU/L
wolf python london(WPL)
Do as you soul should do !
________________________


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAA4oTHrJQLhEY2D0U6vexxkzdgtELv1KYEYe_YrSKQnznNe79 Q@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAA4oTHrJQLhEY2D0U6vexxkzdgtELv1KYEYe_YrSKQnznNe79 Q@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Anthony Campbell
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

On 06 Apr 2012, wolf python london wrote:
> On 6 April 2012 02:11, Dale Harris <rodmur@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) *pixelating text
> > within it's window? *Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
> > makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.
> >
> I have this problem too.
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656021#20
>
> They say new version of libcairo use some features in X which have had
> bugs for long time,
> but old version of libcairo didn't use these features. This bug have
> been submitted to upstream.
>

I'm getting this on my laptop (radeon mobility X1400) but not my desktop
(nvidia). But it's also something to do with the window manager: it
happens with i3 but not with icewm.


--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.acampbell.org.uk - sample my ebooks at
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/acampbell


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120406084708.GA9820@acampbell.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/20120406084708.GA9820@acampbell.org.uk
 
Old 04-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Sven Joachim
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

On 2012-04-06 10:47 +0200, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> On 06 Apr 2012, wolf python london wrote:
>> On 6 April 2012 02:11, Dale Harris <rodmur@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Anyone else having problems with iceweasel (on SID) *pixelating text
>> > within it's window? *Chromium is not doing the same thing, so why it
>> > makes me think it's not a video card driver problem.
>> >
>> I have this problem too.
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656021#20
>>
>> They say new version of libcairo use some features in X which have had
>> bugs for long time,
>> but old version of libcairo didn't use these features. This bug have
>> been submitted to upstream.
>>
>
> I'm getting this on my laptop (radeon mobility X1400) but not my desktop
> (nvidia).

Do you use the nvidia blob? With nouveau it is reproducible, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=666695 and siblings.

> But it's also something to do with the window manager: it
> happens with i3 but not with icewm.

I'm using icewm here and had to downgrade libcairo* packages to 1.10.2-7
to stop the display corruptions in iceweasel.

Cheers,
Sven


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 87mx6p5djv.fsf@turtle.gmx.de">http://lists.debian.org/87mx6p5djv.fsf@turtle.gmx.de
 
Old 04-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Anthony Campbell
 
Default iceweasel drawing problems

On 06 Apr 2012, Sven Joachim wrote:
> > I'm getting this on my laptop (radeon mobility X1400) but not my desktop
> > (nvidia).
>
> Do you use the nvidia blob? With nouveau it is reproducible, see
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=666695 and siblings.
>
> > But it's also something to do with the window manager: it
> > happens with i3 but not with icewm.
>
> I'm using icewm here and had to downgrade libcairo* packages to 1.10.2-7
> to stop the display corruptions in iceweasel.
>
> Cheers,
> Sven

Yes, you are right; I'm now getting it on icewm as well, though I think
less frequently.

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.acampbell.org.uk - sample my ebooks at
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/acampbell


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120406143759.GA12786@acampbell.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/20120406143759.GA12786@acampbell.org.uk
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:28 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org