Old 04-07-2008, 12:49 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

Default your mail

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 08:40:48PM +0530, sini kumar wrote:

> Hi all I'm from U.A.E i would like to use GNU LINUX in my laptop
> Compaq presario F700 ,processer is Mobile AMD Sempronm(tm)Processor
> 3600+ 2.00Ghz,,1Gb ram , system type is 32bit operating system. so
> how can i install and where i get this . i am waiting for your repley
> thanking you

> Bin Owais Commercial Enterprises
> P.O. Box no 277
> Dubai
> Tel. +97192233381
> Tel. +97142282299
> Mob. +971503996389
> +971508575877
> e-mail - sinikumar@live.com

I'm replying directly to you as well as the list since you are new and
may not be subscribed.

Go to the debian website and read the installation manual (not the short
HOWTO). Also, read the debian-reference, which is a bit out-of-date but
gives some good information to someone new to debian.

There's also lots of other documentation on the debian website.

The installation manual will have links to the correct installation
material. If your box can boot a CD and you are able to burn a CD, your
best bet is to download the Etch i386 netinst.iso file and burn t to CD.
Then boot the installer.

Good luck.

Doug.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:06 PM