Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Vincent Lefevre

Default Emacsclient problem after upgrade

After upgrading what? A Debian/unstable machine? If this is the case
and libglib2.0-0 was upgraded, you might be affected by the following
bug:

(note that I wasn't using emacsclient, just emacs).

--
Vincent Lefvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>

Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Johann Spies

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 10:43:52AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> After upgrading what? A Debian/unstable machine?

Yes.
> If this is the case
> and libglib2.0-0 was upgraded, you might be affected by the following
> bug:

Thanks for the info.

I will try out the ubuntu patch.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder / Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be
free indeed." John 8:36
E-pos vrywaringsklousule

Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige lês aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie.

E-mail disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Johann Spies

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 11:41:10AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> I will try out the ubuntu patch.

I tried building a new package using the Ubuntu sources, but that did
not solve the problem. Installing the Ubuntu package directly, solved it
however.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder / Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is
common to man: but God is faithful, who will not
suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but
will with the temptation also make a way to escape,
that ye may be able to bear it."
I Corinthians 10:13