Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Johann Spies

Default Emacsclient problem after upgrade

I have the following in my .fizshrc:

alias emacs='/usr/bin/emacsclient.emacs23 -c'
export ALTERNATE_EDITOR="" EDITOR=emacsclient.emacs23
VISUAL=emacsclient.emacs23

and it has been working for months now. If I run 'emacs' from the
commandline and the server is running, it connects to the server and if
the server is not running, it starts it and connects to it.

What now happens is that the server gets started and then I get a
message 'Emacs daemon should have started, trying to connect again
Waiting for Emacs... ' and no emacs window opens.

The daemon is running and if I try to run emacsclient -nw nothing
happens.

I saw that a file was created in /tmp/emacs1000/server

When I try 'emacsclient -c -f /tmp/emacs1000' I get
'emacsclient: invalid configuration info'

and

when I try 'emacsclient -c -f /tmp/emacs1000/server' It starts another
server and I am back to square one.

Does anyone else experience something similar?

How do I solve that?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder / Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be
free indeed." John 8:36
E-pos vrywaringsklousule

Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige lês aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie.

E-mail disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.