-   -   Help needed please with luks volume (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/651462-help-needed-please-luks-volume.html)

Bhasker C V 04-01-2012 07:09 PM

Help needed please with luks volume

Hi all

Sorry for the cross-list posting; I think this will help.

I have a luks formatted volume and on debian this volume just stopped
working after a dist-upgrade
The error reported is as below

$ sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdc dsk
LUKS keyslot 6 is invalid.
LUKS keyslot 7 is invalid.
$ cryptsetup --version
cryptsetup 1.4.1
$ uname -a
Linux bcv 3.2.9 #1 SMP Sat Mar 10 20:36:56 GMT 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Whereas when used in an older version (in my office) this disk works
perfectly fine and I am able to view data.
This home system of mine running debian with cryptsetup version as above
has a problem and so I am not able to
take the data out wheras cryptsetup version cryptsetup 1.0.6 (which runs
kernel 2.6.39-rc6 ) works perfectly okay.

I am stuck with not able to see my private data at home.

Can someone help please ? Or is this a bug introduced in the newer
versions ?

thanks

--
Bhasker C V