-   -   Installing genesys on Debian - SOLVED - Thank you! (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/651345-installing-genesys-debian-solved-thank-you.html)

Lisi 04-01-2012 10:22 AM

On Sunday 01 April 2012 09:51:29 Dom wrote:
> On 31/03/12 22:57, Lisi wrote:

> >> Running Wheezy here. The standard Debian sane packages seem to have
> >> support for the Canon LiDE 110.
> >
> > **What are you referring to as "the standard Debian Sane packages"?**
> > They might be in Squeeze backports. I'm due some luck!
>
> Specifically libsane and libsane-common. Wheezy is currently on version
> 1.0.22-7 of these packages. From the changelog, I am certain that
> support for the LiDE was added in one of the early 1.0.22 releases, and
> a few fixes applied soon after that.

Xsane now scans OK on the Squeeze box.

Thank you again, Dom. This was the final brick I needed.

As a result of the info given to me by this email, I have given up on the
Lenny box, and accepted that I just have to do all my scanning on my
husband's computer until I get time to rebuild my desktop (which is urgently
needed!). I will then install Squeeze or Wheezy on it.

Many thanks to the rest of you (and, of course, Gooogle) for all the other
bricks I needed.

Lisi