Old 04-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default revised f9 wallpaper

Hi folks,

I've received a few complaints about the f9 wallpaper (it seems the
sulphur is really unpopular) and I've been experimenting with
alternative designs for it but trying to keep the same look and feel of
the rest of the artwork.

This is one of the ideas I've been working with -
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/0001.png

Do you think it's a good direction? Do you have ideas on how to bling it up?

thanks,
~m

Old 04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Ian Weller

This is one of the ideas I've been working with -
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/0001.png

Whoa. Almost looks like a UFO is abducting my taskbar.

I personally like it a lot better, it almost seems a bit out of place
though... but it works. It's really neat.

-- ian_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com

Old 04-06-2008, 04:25 PM
inode0

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've received a few complaints about the f9 wallpaper (it seems the sulphur
> is really unpopular) and I've been experimenting with alternative designs
> for it but trying to keep the same look and feel of the rest of the artwork.
>
> This is one of the ideas I've been working with -
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/0001.png
>
> Do you think it's a good direction? Do you have ideas on how to bling it
> up?

Wow, that is so cool. Does it need to be blinged up?

John

Old 04-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Michael Beckwith

Kind of pushing the deadlines on everything, but if we need to, I don't
see why we couldn't make this work if we bust our butts. Not a lot seems
to be off with the mockup you just sent.

Máirín Duffy wrote:

Hi folks,

I've received a few complaints about the f9 wallpaper (it seems the
sulphur is really unpopular) and I've been experimenting with
alternative designs for it but trying to keep the same look and feel
of the rest of the artwork.

This is one of the ideas I've been working with -
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/0001.png

Do you think it's a good direction? Do you have ideas on how to bling
it up?

thanks,
~m

~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)
http://michaelbox.net (eventually)

Old 04-06-2008, 04:29 PM
"Jóhann B. Guđmundsson"

Ian Weller wrote:

This is one of the ideas I've been working with -
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/0001.png

Whoa. Almost looks like a UFO is abducting my taskbar.

I personally like it a lot better, it almost seems a bit out of place
though... but it works. It's really neat.

-- ian

I kinda see/sense this more like water has dropped to cause these circle
and

the rays kinda laying on top of the circles, maybe it's the angel..

But still better then the one we currently have.....

Br.
Johann B.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Frank Murphy

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 12:10 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> This is one of the ideas I've been working with -
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/0001.png

Looks fine on a dual.

> Do you think it's a good direction? Do you have ideas on how to bling it up?

Don't think it needs bling, at times less is more.

Frank

Old 04-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Ian Weller

Don't think it needs bling, at times less is more.

Agreed. -- ian

Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 PM
brian hurren

try turning it up the other way. It has got good ambiance, not to distracting. Once you have all your folders ect over it there are no annoying background objects competing with them.
*Maybe open the waves up a bit more.

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost._____________________________________________ __

Old 04-06-2008, 04:59 PM
"Klaatu and Gort"

yeah that's quite nice.

2008/4/6 brian hurren <brianhurren@yahoo.com>:
> try turning it up the other way. It has got good ambiance, not to
> distracting. Once you have all your folders ect over it there are no
> annoying background objects competing with them.
> Maybe open the waves up a bit more.
>

> Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I've received a few complaints about the f9 wallpaper (it seems the
> sulphur is really unpopular) and I've been experimenting with
> alternative designs for it but trying to keep the same look and feel of
> the rest of the artwork.
>
> This is one of the ideas I've been working with -
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/0001.png
>
> Do you think it's a good direction? Do you have ideas on how to bling it up?
>
> thanks,
> ~m

---
use linux. support free software.