Old 04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Benjamí Villoslada

Default sun-java6 dependencies

Hi,

Someone with sun-java6 packages dependencies problems too?

Installed i my Debian Sid:

sun-java6-bin 6-04-2
sun-java6-jre 6-04-2
sun-java6-plugin 6-04-2

In order to install this I've added this repository:

deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool sun-java6

And every dist-upgrade I receive this error:

-----------------------------
The following packages are BROKEN:
sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 6456kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
sun-java6-bin: Depends: sun-java6-jre (= 6-04-2) but 6-05-1 is to be
installed.
sun-java6-jre: Depends: sun-java6-bin (= 6-05-1) but 6-04-2 is installed. or
ia32-sun-java6-bin (= 6-05-1) which is a virtual
package.
-----------------------------

In other hand: sun-java6 installation doesn't update symlinks
in /etc/alternatives, that still points to the anterior sun-java5 files.
Seems that is one bug:

TIA

Benjamí
http://blog.bitassa.cat

.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Frank

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 17:41:27 +0200
Benjamí Villoslada <benjami@gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone with sun-java6 packages dependencies problems too?
>
> Installed i my Debian Sid:
>
> sun-java6-bin 6-04-2
> sun-java6-jre 6-04-2
> sun-java6-plugin 6-04-2
>
> In order to install this I've added this repository:
>
> deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool sun-java6
>
> And every dist-upgrade I receive this error:
>
> -----------------------------
> The following packages are BROKEN:
> sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre
> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> Need to get 6456kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
> sun-java6-bin: Depends: sun-java6-jre (= 6-04-2) but 6-05-1 is to be
> installed.
> sun-java6-jre: Depends: sun-java6-bin (= 6-05-1) but 6-04-2 is
> installed. or ia32-sun-java6-bin (= 6-05-1) which is a virtual
> package.
> -----------------------------

I've been getting that for a few weeks now....I have been waiting for
updates which may or may not be coming.

---

Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how

Old 04-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Tim Rühsen

Am Sonntag, 6. April 2008 schrieb Benjamí Villoslada:
> Hi,
>
> Someone with sun-java6 packages dependencies problems too?
>
> Installed i my Debian Sid:
>
> sun-java6-bin 6-04-2
> sun-java6-jre 6-04-2
> sun-java6-plugin 6-04-2
>
> In order to install this I've added this repository:
>
> deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool sun-java6
>
> And every dist-upgrade I receive this error:
>
> -----------------------------
> The following packages are BROKEN:
> sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre
> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> Need to get 6456kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
> sun-java6-bin: Depends: sun-java6-jre (= 6-04-2) but 6-05-1 is to be
> installed.
> sun-java6-jre: Depends: sun-java6-bin (= 6-05-1) but 6-04-2 is installed.
> or ia32-sun-java6-bin (= 6-05-1) which is a virtual package.
> -----------------------------
>
> In other hand: sun-java6 installation doesn't update symlinks
> in /etc/alternatives, that still points to the anterior sun-java5 files.
> Seems that is one bug:
>
> TIA
>
> Regards,

It should come soon. sun-java6-bin has been available for amd64 but not for
i386. Maybe it was just a package maintainers mistake...

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Tim Rühsen

--
OMS Open Media System GmbH
Holzdamm 40

Old 04-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Benjamí Villoslada

El Dilluns 07 Abril 2008, Tim Rühsen va escriure:

> It should come soon. sun-java6-bin has been available for amd64 but not for
> i386. Maybe it was just a package maintainers mistake...

Thanks for the feedback Frank and Tim. Is not a local problem of my box

Java5 have a problem too: sun-java5-plugin needs one package + version (that I
can't remember now) not available in Sid at this moment.

--
Benjamí
http://blog.bitassa.cat

.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:53 AM
"Walt L. Williams"

Hold on! I have it installed on my i386. Its working fine.

--
Best Regards
Walt L. Williams

.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:00 PM
"Benjamí Villoslada"

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Walt L. Williams
<waltwilliams@intergate.com> wrote:
> Hold on! I have it installed on my i386. Its working fine.

Without browser Java plugin (sun-java6-plugin) because needs
xulrunner-1.9 not available:

$ apt-cache policy xulrunner
xulrunner:
Instal·lat: (cap)
Candidat: 1.8.1.13-1
Taula de versió:
1.8.1.13-1 0
500 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages

$ LANG=en_US sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
[...]
The following packages are BROKEN:
sun-java6-plugin
libx264-59{a}
The following packages will be REMOVED:
libx264-57{u}
avidemux avidemux-common avidemux-qt cdrdao exif fail2ban
gnokii-common java-common libanyevent-perl libgnokii3
libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 libgstreamer0.10-0 libhunspell-1.1-0
libhyphen0 libncurses5 libncurses5-dev libncursesw5 libsensors3
libsqlite3-0 libstlport4.6ldbl myspell-es ncurses-base ncurses-bin
ncurses-term procps sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre xgnokii zlib1g
zlib1g-dev
31 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 47.4MB of archives. After unpacking 102kB will be used.
sun-java6-plugin: Depends: xulrunner-1.9 which is a virtual package.
Resolving dependencies...

Remove the following packages:
sun-java6-plugin

Score is 119