Old 03-29-2012, 07:38 PM
hvw59601

Default apt-listbugs misses #665959 in Sid dist-upgrade

Hi,

Just did an aptitude full-upgrade on Sid and it upgraded all sorts of
stuff, also ncurses-base.

That is affected by bug #665959 which messes up all the dpkg dialogs and
also mc.

But it gives a fix: copy /lib/terminfo/l/linux from the previous version.

But apt-listbugs did not list that bug during the upgrade.

Hugo

Archive: jl2dno$hdn$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jl2dno$hdn$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 03-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2012-03-29 21:38 +0200, hvw59601 wrote:

> Just did an aptitude full-upgrade on Sid and it upgraded all sorts of
> stuff, also ncurses-base.
>
> That is affected by bug #665959 which messes up all the dpkg dialogs
> and also mc.

Yes, sorry about that.

> But it gives a fix: copy /lib/terminfo/l/linux from the previous version.
>
> But apt-listbugs did not list that bug during the upgrade.

I think apt-listbugs only displays bugs of severity >= serious by
default, and #665959 has currently only normal severity.

Sven

Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 PM
hvw59601

Just did an aptitude full-upgrade on Sid and it upgraded all sorts of
stuff, also ncurses-base.

That is affected by bug #665959 which messes up all the dpkg dialogs
and also mc.

Yes, sorry about that.

But it gives a fix: copy /lib/terminfo/l/linux from the previous version.

But apt-listbugs did not list that bug during the upgrade.

I think apt-listbugs only displays bugs of severity >= serious by
default, and #665959 has currently only normal severity.

But the bug gave the fix, although I wonder how the submitter figured
that one out. Works nicely though.

Hugo

Archive: jl4b3r$o9r$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jl4b3r$o9r$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 03-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Elimar Riesebieter

* hvw59601 <hvw59601@care2.com> [2012-03-30 07:06 -0600]:

[...]
> But the bug gave the fix, although I wonder how the submitter
> figured that one out. Works nicely though.

/etc/terminfo/README ;-)
l => linux

Elimar
--