Old 03-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Andrei POPESCU

Default Do a DIGITALFRAMES with DEBIAN

On Mi, 28 mar 12, 18:20:53, Alex Padoly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to do a digitalframes with my computer and my monitor.
> I have Debian 6.0 with xfce, witch packages Debian I must installed and how
> I can do to configure xfce.
> I hope your answer.

Please look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_frames
and tell us which features you need from there[1]. The default picture
viewer in Xfce seems to be ristretto (probably already installed) and it
probably can already do most of what you want.

[1] the trojan will be a bit more difficult, but not impossible

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 03-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Bob

I was thinking this would be a great project for a raspberry PI and a
nice little 17" samsung 172x 1280x1024 lcd screen I no longer use.

It wouldn't use much more power than a Digiframe, the screen in nicer,
it can access the photos directly of my gallery site, I'll probably make
it an access point also, maybe an SIP video phone as well.

Fun times

Archive: 4F73DD91.7010701@homeurl.co.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4F73DD91.7010701@homeurl.co.uk

Old 03-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Jo, 29 mar 12, 11:57:05, Bob wrote:
> I was thinking this would be a great project for a raspberry PI and
> a nice little 17" samsung 172x 1280x1024 lcd screen I no longer use.
>
> It wouldn't use much more power than a Digiframe, the screen in
> nicer, it can access the photos directly of my gallery site, I'll
> probably make it an access point also, maybe an SIP video phone as
> well.

I'm waiting myself for the version with a box to connect it to a 40"
Samsung 1080p TV, but I'll be using it as Media Center (XBMC, mpd) and
probably also http server. Unfortunately my favorite radio station
streams only AAC and the Asus WL500gPv2 can't handle that (but mp3
stations work great).

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 03-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 29/03/12 18:09, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Jo, 29 mar 12, 11:57:05, Bob wrote:
>> I was thinking this would be a great project for a raspberry PI and
>> a nice little 17" samsung 172x 1280x1024 lcd screen I no longer use.

For extra points you could use Dmitry Grinberg's project and do it with
a 286. LCD out is the default.

http://dmitry.co/index.php?p=./04.Thoughts/07.%20Linux%20on%208bit

<snipped>

Kind regards

answers to Debian questions:-

Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Chris Bannister

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 06:20:53PM +0200, Alex Padoly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to do a digitalframes with my computer and my monitor.

perlmagick

> I have Debian 6.0 with xfce, witch packages Debian I must installed and how
> I can do to configure xfce.

Please open a separate thread for each message.

-- Napoleon Bonaparte