FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Leonard Le-Rey
 
Default Monitor remains in Standby after Suspend

Hello guys,

I have the following problem:

I use Debian/Wheezy (Testing) and have a NVIDIA Geforce Graphic Card,
an Eizo EV2335W monitor. If I use the option "Suspend" in GNOME 3,
everything works and the computer shuts down. If I start the computer
again, the screen does not activate itself, I mean, I can move the
mouse or keyboard, but I don't get back (the screen remains in
standby). Even a reboot does not help, only a full turn off with the
power button and a restart of the computer.

How one could solve this problem?

Thank you!


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CA+YwZuAE2yW5bU+7Dh12NB7j6Oib9Gm5h-ugME32QSD3L6yyKw@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CA+YwZuAE2yW5bU+7Dh12NB7j6Oib9Gm5h-ugME32QSD3L6yyKw@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 03-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Sven Joachim
 
Default Monitor remains in Standby after Suspend

On 2012-03-28 16:58 +0200, Leonard Le-Rey wrote:

> I use Debian/Wheezy (Testing) and have a NVIDIA Geforce Graphic Card,
> an Eizo EV2335W monitor.

Which model is that card, and which driver do you use?

> If I use the option "Suspend" in GNOME 3,
> everything works and the computer shuts down. If I start the computer
> again, the screen does not activate itself, I mean, I can move the
> mouse or keyboard, but I don't get back (the screen remains in
> standby). Even a reboot does not help, only a full turn off with the
> power button and a restart of the computer.
>
> How one could solve this problem?

Try to log in via ssh from a second computer after the resume to capture
the kernel logs.

Good luck,
Sven


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 87k424ahpc.fsf@turtle.gmx.de">http://lists.debian.org/87k424ahpc.fsf@turtle.gmx.de
 
Old 03-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Camaleón
 
Default Monitor remains in Standby after Suspend

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:58:26 +0200, Leonard Le-Rey wrote:

> I have the following problem:
>
> I use Debian/Wheezy (Testing) and have a NVIDIA Geforce Graphic Card, an
> Eizo EV2335W monitor. If I use the option "Suspend" in GNOME 3,
> everything works and the computer shuts down. If I start the computer
> again, the screen does not activate itself, I mean, I can move the mouse
> or keyboard, but I don't get back (the screen remains in standby). Even
> a reboot does not help, only a full turn off with the power button and a
> restart of the computer.
>
> How one could solve this problem?

Eizo's displays quality are another level, I love them :-)

What happens if you manually switch (button press) between your monitor
input sources (e.g., DVI/VGA/HDMI)?

If this restores your Eizo display back to life, there's an option for
the closed source driver that it could help for this (Option
"UseDisplayDevice" "DFP"¹) which auto-detects the source of the monitor
and avoids the display to be put in stand-by mode.

If you're using "nuvó" (the open source driver), I don't know if there's/how's
an equivalent for the above.

¹ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/295.33/README/xconfigoptions.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: jl1vg3$2ge$8@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jl1vg3$2ge$8@dough.gmane.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org