Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 PM
wlan

Default /tmp full, tmpfs, Debian testing

Hello, guys.

I was install Debian testing x86_64 with KDE4 2 days ago. And I've
next problem. For example I watched movie in my browser from streaming
and my /tmp was full, and movie stoped. It's bug? Or I can resolve it
problem? Yep, i was use google. =)

root@serenity:/home/wlan# uname -a
Linux serenity 3.2.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 20 18:36:37 UTC 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@serenity:/home/wlan# df -h /tmp
Файловая система *азмер Использовано Дост Использовано% Cмонтировано в
tmpfs 605M 605M 0 100% /tmp

root@serenity:/home/wlan# du -sh /tmp
16K /tmp

root@serenity:/home/wlan# free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 3021 2664 357 0 22 1343
-/+ buffers/cache: 1298 1723
Swap: 3903 0 3903

Regards,
Kirill Sotnikov.

PGP-key id: 8509ED19

Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 PM
wlan

Oh, if I close window with movie and start it again all works.

root@serenity:/home/wlan# df -h /tmp
Файловая система *азмер Использовано Дост Использовано% Cмонтировано в
tmpfs 605M 12M 594M 2% /tmp

After restart movie into browser.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Keith McKenzie

[...]

Sounds like you may need to buffer the movie stream somehow.

Archive: 4F72C558.6010607@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F72C558.6010607@gmail.com

Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Tom H

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM, wlan <z01.root@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was install Debian testing x86_64 with KDE4 2 days ago. And I've
> next problem. For example I watched movie in my browser from streaming
> and my /tmp was full, and movie stoped. *It's bug? Or I can resolve it
> problem? Yep, i was use google. =)

There have been various threads in recent months about turning off
tmpfs for "/tmp" or increasing the tmpfs size of "/tmp".

Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Mi, 28 mar 12, 03:22:49, wlan wrote:
> Hello, guys.
>
> I was install Debian testing x86_64 with KDE4 2 days ago. And I've
> next problem. For example I watched movie in my browser from streaming
> and my /tmp was full, and movie stoped. It's bug? Or I can resolve it
> problem? Yep, i was use google. =)

Just as an explanation (suggestions on how to fix this have already been
proposed), the browser (or the plugin?) should probably not be storing
such big files under /tmp.

Kind regards,
Andrei