Old 03-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Gary Roach

Default icedove password problem (Solved)

On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Camaleón wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:35:17 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

I had to change the password on my verizon email account. Now verizon
email refuses to accept email I send to one of my accounts because the
password Icedove is sending is wrong. How do I go about fixing this.
Preferences -> Security -> Saved Passwords displays the passwords for my
other account and my incoming password for the troublesome account but
none for outgoing.

You can try to:

1/ Add a new smtp outgoing account with the new password.

2/ Edit the current settings for the account that handles the old
password to force a password reset.

Greetings,

Thank you all for your help. The suggestion I liked best was to use the
addon editor. Alas it doesn't want to work with my 3.0.11 (Squeeze)
version of Icedove. So, to sum up for posterity:

Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Passwords -> Saved
Passwords

Then select the smtp account and hit remove.

Then;

Edit -> Account Settings

Select the account in question.

Where it says "Outgoing Server", from the drop down' select the one not
marked as default. ( I'm not sure why this is needed but things didn't
work with the default set.)

Select "Server Settings" for the account in question.

Turn OFF "Use secure authentication. (Here again I don't know
why this is needed but didn't work with it on.)

Now download your email and assign the new password when asked.

I hope this helps someone else.

Gary R.