-   -   Impressora brother dcp 115C (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/649468-impressora-brother-dcp-115c.html)

Osvaldo Lourenço 03-27-2012 03:38 PM

Impressora brother dcp 115C

por favor, ajudem-me a instalar a impressora Brother DCP 115C no debian.
Tentei instalar no sudo apt-get install brotber-cups-wrapper-extra,
quando clico em enter aparece: is not in the sudoers file.
Obrigado.

Camaleón 03-27-2012 04:09 PM

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:38:10 +0100, Osvaldo Lourenço wrote:

> por favor, ajudem-me a instalar a impressora Brother DCP 115C no debian.
> Tentei instalar no sudo apt-get install brotber-cups-wrapper-extra,
> quando clico em enter aparece: is not in the sudoers file. Obrigado.

Wrong list and/or wrong language :-P

Anyway, I can't find that package ("brotber-cups-wrapper-extra") in
Debian.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Brad Rogers 03-27-2012 05:20 PM

Impressora brother dcp 115C

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:09:50 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Camaleón,

> Wrong list and/or wrong language :-P

Yes to at least one. ;-)

> Anyway, I can't find that package ("brotber-cups-wrapper-extra") in
> Debian.

A typo for "brother-cups-wrapper-extra" perhaps?

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Camaleón 03-28-2012 02:28 PM

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:20:07 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:09:50 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Camaleón,
>
>> Wrong list and/or wrong language :-P
>
> Yes to at least one. ;-)
>
>> Anyway, I can't find that package ("brotber-cups-wrapper-extra") in
>> Debian.
>
> A typo for "brother-cups-wrapper-extra" perhaps?

You mean for the swapped "h/b", right? Yes, that's one :-)

But the mentioned (and correctly spelled) package is available for Ubuntu
but not Debian, AFAICT.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Brad Rogers 03-28-2012 06:29 PM

Impressora brother dcp 115C

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:28:06 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Camaleón,

> You mean for the swapped "h/b", right? Yes, that's one :-)

Thought so. :-)

> But the mentioned (and correctly spelled) package is available for
> Ubuntu but not Debian, AFAICT.

I must admit, I didn't actually check for it in Debian. I've just done
so, in the unlikely event that you're incorrect, but I couldn't find it
either.

{time passes}

Brother seem to have loads of stuff on their web site but it's i386,
not amd64. At least, not that I could find. Of course, we don't even
know what arch Osvaldo is using.

Whether any of this help the OP, IDK. Assuming that he's(1) a) still
around, and b) understands English.

(1) I'm guessing that Osvaldo translates to Oswald, making the OP male.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
Well well well, you just can't tell
My Michelle - Guns 'N' Roses

"Hans-J. Ullrich" 03-28-2012 07:23 PM

Impressora brother dcp 115C

> Brother seem to have loads of stuff on their web site but it's i386,
> not amd64. At least, not that I could find. Of course, we don't even
> know what arch Osvaldo is using.
Hi all,
I have not followed the whole story, but maybe I can help the user.

So, I am using this printer/scanner in Debian-amd64 and -i386. You must
install the packages from Brother with the --force-all option, then it will be
installed and working. (Hint: The DCP115c is the same as MFC210) After that,
you can configure the printer as usual using the configuration of cups (you
know, in the web browser add the link:

http://localhost:631

then follow the rules.

If you want to use the inbuilt scanner, you have to edit
/etc/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules manually and make it only readable, to
avoid a change by an update.

Just add this two lines:
# Brother DCP115C
ATTR{idVendor}=="04f9", ATTR{idProduct}=="018c", MODE="0664", GROUP="scanner",
ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

After reboot, everything should work, if not, feel free to ask.

Good luck!

Hans