Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 AM

Default archive.debian.org/debian down?

Hello list.

I was just wondering what happend to archive.debian.org.

Many of my systems run in Debian 5 (lenny), some old in etch. I know i should upgrade to squeeze but on my case thats not an option, because of the tweaks made.

In any case, since from yesterday midnight all the lenny repositories have been deleted, and archive.debian.org is not working, anyone knows where i can find official repositories?

Much appreciated, Gus.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Ma, 27 mar 12, 09:36:04, reyesgustavo@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> I was just wondering what happend to archive.debian.org.

Works for me. Maybe just a temporary problem?

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:36:04 +0000, reyesgustavo wrote:

> Hello list.

Hello, please, avoig using html, thanks.

> I was just wondering what happend to archive.debian.org.

Nothing? :-?

sm01@stt008:~$ LANG=C wget archive.debian.org
--2012-03-27 16:20:32-- http://archive.debian.org/
Resolving archive.debian.org... 193.62.202.28, 206.12.19.13,
2001:630:206:4000:1a1a:0:c13e:ca1c, ...
Connecting to archive.debian.org|193.62.202.28|:80... connected.
Length: 2367 (2.3K) [text/html]
Saving to: `index.html.1'

100%[============================================>] 2,367 --.-K/s in 0s

2012-03-27 16:20:32 (289 MB/s) - `index.html' saved [2367/2367]

> Many of my systems run in Debian 5 (lenny), some old in etch. I know i
> should upgrade to squeeze but on my case thats not an option, because of
> the tweaks made.

I'm also still using Lenny.

> In any case, since from yesterday midnight all the lenny repositories
> have been deleted, and archive.debian.org is not working, anyone knows
> where i can find official repositories?

There was a recent news about that:

***
http://www.debian.org/News/2012/20120310

"(...) Please note that the oldstable distribution will be moved from the
main archive to the archive.debian.org repository after March 24th 2012.
After this move, it will no longer be available from the main mirror
network. More information about the distribution archive and a list of
mirrors is available at:
http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive
***

But the archive site seems to be up and running :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón