-   -   icedove password problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/649193-icedove-password-problem.html)

Gary Roach 03-26-2012 10:35 PM

icedove password problem

I had to change the password on my verizon email account. Now verizon
email refuses to accept email I send to one of my accounts because the
password Icedove is sending is wrong. How do I go about fixing this.
Preferences -> Security -> Saved Passwords displays the passwords for my
other account and my incoming password for the troublesome account but
none for outgoing.

Gary R.

Archive: 4F70EF25.4080501@verizon.net">http://lists.debian.org/4F70EF25.4080501@verizon.net

Scott Ferguson 03-26-2012 11:26 PM

icedove password problem

On 27/03/12 09:35, Gary Roach wrote:
> I had to change the password on my verizon email account. Now verizon
> email refuses to accept email I send to one of my accounts because the
> password Icedove is sending is wrong. How do I go about fixing this.
> Preferences -> Security -> Saved Passwords displays the passwords for my
> other account and my incoming password for the troublesome account but
> none for outgoing.

In the Preferences dialog, select the password for the Verizon
account[*1], click on the Remove button, then close the dialog.

Back in the main Icedove window "Get Mail" for your Verizon account.
You'll be prompted for your (new) password.

[*1]You only have one password per account - this is a restriction
imposed by your provider, not by Icedove.

> Gary R.

Kind regards

answers to Debian questions:-

Wayne Topa 03-26-2012 11:40 PM

icedove password problem

On 03/26/2012 06:35 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
> I had to change the password on my verizon email account. Now verizon
> email refuses to accept email I send to one of my accounts because the
> password Icedove is sending is wrong. How do I go about fixing this.
> Preferences -> Security -> Saved Passwords displays the passwords for my
> other account and my incoming password for the troublesome account but
> none for outgoing.
>
> Gary R.

Tools -> Add-ons & search for the saved Password Editor and install it.

Camaleón 03-27-2012 02:03 PM

icedove password problem

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:35:17 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

> I had to change the password on my verizon email account. Now verizon
> email refuses to accept email I send to one of my accounts because the
> password Icedove is sending is wrong. How do I go about fixing this.
> Preferences -> Security -> Saved Passwords displays the passwords for my
> other account and my incoming password for the troublesome account but
> none for outgoing.

You can try to:

1/ Add a new smtp outgoing account with the new password.

2/ Edit the current settings for the account that handles the old
password to force a password reset.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón