Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Camaleón

Default powernow-k8 problem

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:54:28 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:

> I have been seeing a group of error messages that flash across the
> screen when my system boots up.

The exact messages will help here. Maybe it is registered in /var/log/
dmesg or /var/log/messages.

I would do a mass grep, just in case:

zgrep -i powernow /var/log/*

> It seems that something is calling for a powernow-k8 response. I have
> researched the messages & it appears that this has to do with cpu
> throttling. I dont wish to have cpu throttling invoked & to my
> knowledge have not installed anything that should be asking for it.

This is usually automatically enabled by the kernel when it detects such
funcionality available in the micro.

> However the messages persist. Anyone have any idea where these might be
> coming from. I did a search of all my installed apps & none of them
> show this as a dependency or as installed files. Any suggestions are
> appreciated.

It uses to come in form of a module, "lsmod" will tell what kernel
modules are loaded for your system.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón