-   -   powernow-k8 problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/649081-powernow-k8-problem.html)

"John W. Foster" 03-26-2012 04:54 PM

powernow-k8 problem

I have been seeing a group of error messages that flash across the
screen when my system boots up. It seems that something is calling for a
powernow-k8 response. I have researched the messages & it appears that
this has to do with cpu throttling. I dont wish to have cpu throttling
invoked & to my knowledge have not installed anything that should be
asking for it. However the messages persist. Anyone have any idea where
these might be coming from. I did a search of all my installed apps &
none of them show this as a dependency or as installed files.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
frosty