Old 04-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

Default reply to list was Closed source software

Mark Allums wrote:

> It's not my mailer, it's me (I use Thunderbird/Mozilla/Icedove), and I
> have to apologize for it.

Please be considerate to others and use an email client that is aware of
reply-to-list feature. From http://wiki.debian.org/ReplyToListEmailClients
there are many email clients such as kmail, sylpheed, mutt, claws-mail,
evolution etc., which respect this header.

IIRC, I think there is also an extension for icedove using which you can
make it "reply to list" aware.

> I would really like it if this list were like all others
> I am on/have ever been on, and used the reply-to field.

This issue had been discussed several times. Now matter how much it
inconveniences you, the Debian listmasters are firm upon not munging the
reply-to field. It does not matter how many other mailing lists munge the
reply to header. So you just have to get over it and start using a better
email client or try your luck with the extension for icedove.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi