Old 04-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Magnus Pedersen

Default Dell xps 1330 laptop, problems with multimediakeys.

Hello :-)

I have debian testing on my new dell laptop, it has a number of
specialkeys, play/pause, stop, forward and so on... I have made them
useful with lineakd and it works, sort of... When i press one of the
keys they are very sensitive and the result is that if I press play 5-7
instances of amarok will start op. Is there a way to lower their
sensitivity?

By the way, the laptop is brand new, and besides this little hickup,
everything just works!

/Magnus

Old 04-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 11:04:28PM +0200, Magnus Pedersen wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> I have debian testing on my new dell laptop, it has a number of
> specialkeys, play/pause, stop, forward and so on... I have made them
> useful with lineakd and it works, sort of... When i press one of the
> keys they are very sensitive and the result is that if I press play 5-7
> instances of amarok will start op. Is there a way to lower their
> sensitivity?

well, the hackish solution is to use a wrapper script that checks for
the existence of an already running program (or maybe an instance of
the script already running, since it probably happens pretty fast) and
only allows one instance to be started.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Magnus Pedersen

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

I have debian testing on my new dell laptop, it has a number of
specialkeys, play/pause, stop, forward and so on... I have made them
useful with lineakd and it works, sort of... When i press one of the
keys they are very sensitive and the result is that if I press play 5-7
instances of amarok will start op. Is there a way to lower their
sensitivity?

well, the hackish solution is to use a wrapper script that checks for
the existence of an already running program (or maybe an instance of
the script already running, since it probably happens pretty fast) and
only allows one instance to be started.

I thought of that too, but it's just not very elegant. It would be nicer
to slow the repeat down for those keys.

/Magnus