-   -   Fwd: (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/64851-fwd.html)

Mark Allums 04-05-2008 08:18 PM

Fwd:

Hal Vaughan wrote:
Yes, it is an attack on the language, since the other discussion (in
terms of software) is a matter of degree and freedom is slavery is
dealing with exact opposites. (Where have I heard that phrase about
freedom and slavery before?...)

Freedom is Slavery : Slogan in 1984 by George Orwell

Also:

War is Peace
Ignorance is Strength

--
Mark Allums

Paul Johnson 04-05-2008 08:33 PM

Fwd:

On Saturday 05 April 2008 01:18:23 pm Mark Allums wrote:
> Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > Yes, it is an attack on the language, since the other discussion (in
> > terms of software) is a matter of degree and freedom is slavery is
> > dealing with exact opposites. (Where have I heard that phrase about
> > freedom and slavery before?...)
>
> Freedom is Slavery : Slogan in 1984 by George Orwell
>
> Also:
>
> War is Peace
> Ignorance is Strength

So what is it when your mailer fails to include proper References:, thus
breaking threads, Mark? :o)

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

Chris Bannister 04-06-2008 02:44 PM

Fwd:

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 03:18:23PM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
> Hal Vaughan wrote:
>> Yes, it is an attack on the language, since the other discussion (in
>> terms of software) is a matter of degree and freedom is slavery is
>> dealing with exact opposites. (Where have I heard that phrase about
>> freedom and slavery before?...)
>
> Freedom is Slavery : Slogan in 1984 by George Orwell
>
> Also:
>
> War is Peace
> Ignorance is Strength

"No man is an Island." "I'm not a number I'm a free man!"
10pts for the program and the actor.

--
Chris.
======

Brad Rogers 04-06-2008 02:51 PM

Fwd:

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 02:44:53 +1200
Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:

Hello Chris,

> "No man is an Island." "I'm not a number I'm a free man!"
> 10pts for the program and the actor.

The Prisoner - Patrick McGoohan.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Bet you thought you knew what I was about
Problem - Sex Pistols

Ron Johnson 04-06-2008 02:56 PM

Fwd:

Brad Rogers 04-06-2008 03:06 PM

Fwd:

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 09:56:32 -0500

Hello Ron,

> /The Prisoner/, Patrick McGoohan. Google makes this kind of thing
> too easy.

I didn't need Google; I watched it as a kid. Sheesh, I'm starting to
feel old again. :-(

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"

You destroyed my confidence, you broke my nerve
Nervous Wreck - Radio Stars

Ron Johnson 04-06-2008 03:18 PM

Fwd:

Brad Rogers 04-06-2008 03:31 PM

Fwd:

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:18:32 -0500

Hello Ron,

> I watched it as a teenager (because PBS didn't run it in the late
> 60s, and I wouldn't have cared, even if they did), but didn't obsess
> over it.

Nor me, TBH. I did try watching it a few years ago when they did
re-runs over here. Frankly, I don't know what I saw in it when I was
younger. It was just weird.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"

Black man got a lot of problems, but he don't mind throwing a brick
White Riot - The Clash

Ron Johnson 04-06-2008 03:40 PM

Fwd:

Hal Vaughan 04-06-2008 03:44 PM

Fwd:

On Sunday 06 April 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 04/06/08 10:31, Brad Rogers wrote:
> > On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:18:32 -0500
> > Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Ron,
> >
> >> I watched it as a teenager (because PBS didn't run it in the late
> >> 60s, and I wouldn't have cared, even if they did), but didn't
> >> obsess over it.
> >
> > Nor me, TBH. I did try watching it a few years ago when they did
> > re-runs over here. Frankly, I don't know what I saw in it when I
> > was younger. It was just weird.
>
> Preferences change... My children *love* the same movies and
> cartoons that I liked when I was young, but now they just bore me to
> tears. Better, though, than letting them watch Yu-Gi-Oh.

Yeah, I can't see how any of the stuff today can compete with Johnny
Quest.

Hal