Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Ron Johnson

Default Fwd:

Old 04-06-2008, 09:18 PM
"John C. Ellingboe"

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Sunday 06 April 2008 09:02:41 am Ron Johnson wrote:

And the 1933 /King Kong/, the B&W /Secret Garden/ (which my 8yo
daughter likes), and the live action Disney movies from the late 50s
thru mid 70s like /The Shaggy Dog/, /Flubber/, /The World's
Strongest Man/, /Escape From Witch Mountain/ etc.

Turner Classic Movies is *the* channel in our house. It and a PVR
that burns DVDs are unbeatable.

Song of the South was really good, and despite having a ride themed after it
at pretty much every Disney park, odds of finding a copy of Song of the South
on anything but an old Japanese laserdisc are pretty slim these days.

Try googling for "song of the south" and see just how slim the odds are.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Paul Johnson

On Sunday 06 April 2008 02:18:18 pm John C. Ellingboe wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Sunday 06 April 2008 09:02:41 am Ron Johnson wrote:
> >>And the 1933 /King Kong/, the B&W /Secret Garden/ (which my 8yo
> >>daughter likes), and the live action Disney movies from the late 50s
> >>thru mid 70s like /The Shaggy Dog/, /Flubber/, /The World's
> >>Strongest Man/, /Escape From Witch Mountain/ etc.
> >>
> >>Turner Classic Movies is *the* channel in our house. It and a PVR
> >>that burns DVDs are unbeatable.
> >
> > Song of the South was really good, and despite having a ride themed after
> > it at pretty much every Disney park, odds of finding a copy of Song of
> > the South on anything but an old Japanese laserdisc are pretty slim these
> > days.
>
> Try googling for "song of the south" and see just how slim the odds are.

A legitimate copy, not a pirate DVD of it.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

Great OT thread. Yes, no flaming.

Last time it was like this, Etch was almost ready...

I'm trying to remember the last real Etch problem (as opposed to Lenny
or Sid questions) other than those where the answer was to remove
network-manager

Doug.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:08 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 03:59:45PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Not really, since I didn't become a teenager until the mid-70s.

I thought you were an old fart. You're my age. I was born in 66.

Oh, wait a minute...

Doug.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 09:08:23PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 03:59:45PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > Not really, since I didn't become a teenager until the mid-70s.
> >

> I thought you were an old fart. You're my age. I was born in 66.
>
> Oh, wait a minute...

dang Doug, you're older than my wife!! And I thought she was
ols[ZATH*00er7F* ouch... those shoes really *do* hurt...

Old 04-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 08:23:20PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

> Great OT thread. Yes, no flaming.
>
> Last time it was like this, Etch was almost ready...

so now we can twiddle our thumbs, go on random OT rants and rest
assured that lenny will be out any time. When's the next utnubu due
out? That always brings a few interesting ones. Maybe we should run
some more google trends charts?

> I'm trying to remember the last real Etch problem (as opposed to Lenny
> or Sid questions) other than those where the answer was to remove
> network-manager

that thing should be automatically purged and then quickly forgotten.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 04-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Chris Bannister

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 03:51:07PM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 02:44:53 +1200
> Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:
>
> Hello Chris,
>
> > "No man is an Island." "I'm not a number I'm a free man!"
> > 10pts for the program and the actor.
>
> The Prisoner - Patrick McGoohan.

Congratulations.
10pts

--
Chris.
======

Old 04-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Chris Bannister

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 09:56:32AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> /The Prisoner/, Patrick McGoohan. Google makes this kind of thing
> too easy.

Ooops
-1000pts

--