Old 03-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Bernard

Default can't get sound to work with webcam Logitech C910

Hi to Everyone !

I just bought the above mentioned web camera, and, if I record a video
using Cheese, the sound is not there when I try displaying the record
using 'vlc'. I get this:

main subpicture error : blending YUVA to I444 failed

this line repeated a number of times.

The image is there though, but no sound

Thanks in advance for your input

P.S. : Debian Squeeze on that system.

Archive: 4F6E3EA9.1030901@teaser.fr">http://lists.debian.org/4F6E3EA9.1030901@teaser.fr

Old 03-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:37:45 +0100, Bernard wrote:

> I just bought the above mentioned web camera, and, if I record a video
> using Cheese, the sound is not there when I try displaying the record
> using 'vlc'. I get this:
>
> main subpicture error : blending YUVA to I444 failed
^^^^^^^^^^

Mmm, the above error looks more close to be related with image than
sound :-?

> this line repeated a number of times.
>
> The image is there though, but no sound

Have you tried your microphone from Gnome sound recorder or another
application (arecord)? How about running "alsamixer" (or your DE sound
applet) to be sure the "capture/input/mic" source control is at a high
level and not muted/lowered?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Bernard

Camaleón wrote:

I just bought the above mentioned web camera, and, if I record a video
using Cheese, the sound is not there when I try displaying the record
using 'vlc'. I get this:

main subpicture error : blending YUVA to I444 failed

^^^^^^^^^^

Mmm, the above error looks more close to be related with image than
sound :-?

It may be the case, since the image is not good either. It appears the
same as I could see it while recording, that is, in chunks... I mean, as
if the camera had been working on and off

this line repeated a number of times.

The image is there though, but no sound

Have you tried your microphone from Gnome sound recorder or another
application (arecord)? How about running "alsamixer" (or your DE sound
applet) to be sure the "capture/input/mic" source control is at a high
level and not muted/lowered?

I tried both, recording is not muted, and I can play wav files by

$ play myfile.wav

But, maybe "Cheese" is not a good choice for video recording with a
webcam such as this ? What else would you recommend ? My purpose with
this webcam is, for now, to use is as a video recorder, not for video
chat as yet.

Archive: 4F6F1178.8020908@teaser.fr">http://lists.debian.org/4F6F1178.8020908@teaser.fr

Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 PM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"