Old 03-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Pál

Default Gnus can't open nntp+news.gmane.org

Hi,

I used so far GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
of 2012-03-21 on trouble, modified by Debian and in it GNUS to read and post
news.gmane.org.

Today I can't opne news.gmane.org with Gnus, I get an error mesage:

Unable to open server nntp+news.gmane.org, go offline? (y or n)
400 load at 40.63, try later
nntp (news.gmane.org) open error: '400 load at 40.63, try later '. Continue? (y
or n)
Couldn't open server on news.gmane.org

I didn't changed any settings neither in .emacs, nor in .gnus.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Regards, from Pál

Old 03-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Curt

On 2012-03-24, Pál <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:

> 400 load at 40.63, try later

I've gotten this same error (using slrn with gmane) and I just took it
to mean that the server couldn't handle any more clients (overloaded).

It does say try later, which seems to substantiate this interpretation.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Csanyi Pal

Curt <curty@free.fr> writes:

> On 2012-03-24, Pál <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 400 load at 40.63, try later
>
> I've gotten this same error (using slrn with gmane) and I just took it
> to mean that the server couldn't handle any more clients (overloaded).
>
> It does say try later, which seems to substantiate this
> interpretation.

Indeed. I'm always in a hurry so I didn't saw 'try later'.

--
Regards from Pal