Old 03-24-2012, 02:11 PM
"Edward C. Jones"

Default US Weather Bureau video displays have stopped working

My PC has up-to-date Debian stable on it. Although the CPU chip is
Intel, the kernel is "AMD64". Here is an URL for a U. S. Weather Bureau
radar site:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=lwx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loo p=yes

This should show a time-lapse loop for the radar in Sterling, Virginia.
Recently this has stopped working. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Archive: 4F6DE42C.3070107@comcast.net">http://lists.debian.org/4F6DE42C.3070107@comcast.net

Old 03-24-2012, 02:53 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:11:40 -0400
"Edward C. Jones" <edcjones@comcast.net> wrote:

> My PC has up-to-date Debian stable on it. Although the CPU chip is
> Intel, the kernel is "AMD64". Here is an URL for a U. S. Weather
> Bureau radar site:
>
> http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=lwx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loo p=yes
>
> This should show a time-lapse loop for the radar in Sterling,
> Virginia. Recently this has stopped working. Does anybody know what
> the problem is?

Up-to-date Debian Sid works with Iceweasel, Opera and even gGaleon(!).
Maybe its your flash player? Mine is Adobe 11.1.102.55

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.
Unity through faith.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Mike Viau

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:11:40 -0400 <edcjones@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> My PC has up-to-date Debian stable on it. Although the CPU chip is
> Intel, the kernel is "AMD64".

This is okay, and not a CPU problem

>Here is an URL for a U. S. Weather Bureau radar site:
>
> http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=lwx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loo p=yes
>
> This should show a time-lapse loop for the radar in Sterling, Virginia.
> Recently this has stopped working. Does anybody know what the problem is?

It appears to be working fine for me....

-M

Old 03-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:11:40 -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:

> My PC has up-to-date Debian stable on it. Although the CPU chip is
> Intel, the kernel is "AMD64".

Which is fine :-)

> Here is an URL for a U. S. Weather Bureau radar site:
>
> http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=lwx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loo p=yes
>
> This should show a time-lapse loop for the radar in Sterling, Virginia.
> Recently this has stopped working. Does anybody know what the problem
> is?

Also works here.

Ensure your browser is giving preference to the Flash Player plugin over
Gnash.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-25-2012, 12:55 AM
"Edward C. Jones"

Camaleón wrote:

Ensure your browser is giving preference to the Flash Player plugin over
Gnash.

I installed flashplugin-nonfree and the problem went away with no
changes in IceWeasel's settings. I suspect that the security update for
gnash had something to do with the problem.

Archive: 4F6E7B29.4070804@comcast.net">http://lists.debian.org/4F6E7B29.4070804@comcast.net

Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:55:53 -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>
> Ensure your browser is giving preference to the Flash Player plugin over
> Gnash.
>
> I installed flashplugin-nonfree and the problem went away with no
> changes in IceWeasel's settings. I suspect that the security update for
> gnash had something to do with the problem.

Yes, I discovered some time ago, that when it comes to Firefox plugins
"times matter". That is, the most updated plugin file there exists takes
preference over others so if your gnash plugin was updated recently, it
will become the default for the browser.

I have solved this by "touching" the ".so" file and thus updating its
"last modified" date:

touch .mozilla/firefox/*.default/plugins/libflashplayer.so

It's like magic. After that (and having restarted the browser), the flash
player plugin reclaims its realm.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón