Old 03-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Ken Heard

Default Can no longer mount SDHC card

Old 03-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Rick Thomas

On Mar 23, 2012, at 11:53 AM, Camaleón wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 00:59:56 -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:

On 03/22/12 10:47, Camaleón wrote:

To be sincere, I'm still unsure about what log file holds what
information. In openSUSE, the main log was "/var/log/messages" and
you

had to look there to see the most relevant information, but here
(Debian) seems to be "/var/log/syslog". Then there are additional
small
files for authentication, user and other stuff I never remember
which

is disseminated into small registries files.

Take a look at /etc/rsyslog.conf

Nothing of interest (for the matter) here.

and
man rsyslog.conf rsyslogd

Still no way to know where messages are being dropped.

I would like to see more integration/compatibility in this regard
coming

from all distributions.

All your questions will be answered (albeit cryptically) there.

Mmm... I'm afraid they're not ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Perhaps I didn't understand your question.

Those man pages, along with the rsyslog.conf file will give you the
general rules governing which messages get sent into which log files.
Any particular messages will be a special case of those general
rules. I did say that they were cryptic. So the application of the
rules may require specialized knowledge, often available only by
examining the source code.

Perhaps your question was prompted by the need for that specialized
knowledge? If that's the case, I apologize for misunderstanding.

Rick

Old 03-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:09:57 +0700, Ken Heard wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>
>> But don't worry; linear thinking is not linked to a particular gender.
>
> Don't you mean sex? Nouns and adjectives have gender, but people have
> sex.

Nope, I meant "gender" which also applies to human beings, AFAIK.

But if you feel better having sex than gender I'm not going to object to
that.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Lisi

On Saturday 24 March 2012 15:09:57 Ken Heard wrote:
> *Nouns and adjectives have gender, but people have sex.

The latest strident feminist PC requires "gender". (It came up recently on
Debian Women.) I share your objection. But then I never burnt my bra, I
just got on and did a male (masculine?!) job. And I am most emphatically not
a "chair". I am not a piece of furniture.

Lisi

Old 03-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Mi, 21 mar 12, 14:26:22, Charles Kroeger wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion..however if the SD card happens to be in the camera
> and not in the card reader during the boot fstab can't find 'sde1' (because
> it's not there) then I get to see the 'not found' warning. That's the reason
> for not putting the 'sde1' line in fstab.

noauto?

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Sb, 24 mar 12, 16:41:00, Camaleón wrote:

> But if you feel better having sex than gender I'm not going to object to
> that.

Mmm... no, I'd better not say anything about this on a public mailing
list

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 03-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:41:35 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Sb, 24 mar 12, 16:41:00, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> But if you feel better having sex than gender I'm not going to object
>> to that.
>
> Mmm... no, I'd better not say anything about this on a public mailing
> list

C'mon, don't be shy. We're all part of the same family (Debian) >>;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Arnt Karlsen

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:59:39 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón wrote in message
<jkq08r$4vf$5@dough.gmane.org>:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:41:35 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> > On Sb, 24 mar 12, 16:41:00, Camaleón wrote:
> >>
> >> But if you feel better having sex than gender I'm not going to
> >> object to that.
> >
> > Mmm... no, I'd better not say anything about this on a public
> > mailing list
>
> C'mon, don't be shy. We're all part of the same family (Debian) >>;-)

..um, that might spoil these nice cozy surprising tete-a-tete
embarrassments. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three:

Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Charles Kroeger

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:40:02 +0200
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mi, 21 mar 12, 14:26:22, Charles Kroeger wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion..however if the SD card happens to be in the
> > camera and not in the card reader during the boot fstab can't find
> > 'sde1' (because it's not there) then I get to see the 'not found'
> > warning. That's the reason for not putting the 'sde1' line in fstab.
>
> noauto?

auto what..please elaborate.

--
CK

Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Keith McKenzie

Thanks for the suggestion..however if the SD card happens to be in the
camera and not in the card reader during the boot fstab can't find
'sde1' (because it's not there) then I get to see the 'not found'
warning. That's the reason for not putting the 'sde1' line in fstab.

noauto?

auto what..please elaborate.

'noauto' means not mounted automatically at booting up.