-   -   changing the title of the thread (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/648378-changing-title-thread.html)

Pierre Frenkiel 03-24-2012 12:02 PM

changing the title of the thread

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Tom H wrote:

. . .

It happens very often that the discussion, although very intersting, shifts
to something which has absolutely nothing to de with the
original subject. In that case, I suggest to modify the subject when
replying, as I did in the present reply.
In particular, it would make more efficient the search for a given
topic when browsing the archive.
For example, if I need informations about "ffmpeg" or "handbrake",
I will never look in a thread named
apt-get will upgrade aptitude will not

--
Pierre