-   -   is there anti censor software in Debian packages? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/648356-there-anti-censor-software-debian-packages.html)

Long Wind 03-24-2012 10:20 AM

is there anti censor software in Debian packages?

I am in China, the government blocks many sites
I just install freegate, it works well for Windows XP
Which debian package can do that job?
I used to use tor
it worked for some time, later it didn't work

Camaleón 03-24-2012 11:24 AM

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 19:20:25 +0800, Long Wind wrote:

> I am in China, the government blocks many sites I just install freegate,
> it works well for Windows XP Which debian package can do that job? I
> used to use tor
> it worked for some time, later it didn't work

The Tor community will be glad to hear what's going wrong for you, have
you contacted them (forums, mailing list, bugzilla...)?

Anyway, although I have not tried, maybe Freegate can work through Wine.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Rob Owens 03-24-2012 03:40 PM

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 07:20:25PM +0800, Long Wind wrote:
> I am in China, the government blocks many sites
> I just install freegate, it works well for Windows XP
> Which debian package can do that job?
> I used to use tor
> it worked for some time, later it didn't work

See if you can use https://startpage.com

It's a search engine that gives you the option of viewing links through
their proxy. But I suspect your government may block that site.

-Rob

Long Wind 03-24-2012 07:26 PM

is there anti censor software in Debian packages?

it seems that I have to use freegate with XP

Thank Camaleón and Rob!

Camaleón 03-25-2012 10:58 AM

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 04:26:11 +0800, Long Wind wrote:

> it seems that I have to use freegate with XP

You mean native windows xp? It does not work from wine? :-?

> Thank Camaleón and Rob!

You're welcome.

Greetings,

--