Old 03-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen

Default problems with apt-get

Hola!

I am given the command

sudo apt-get -t sid install ^r-cran

but gets

or been moved out of Incoming.

*r-cran-pscl : Depends: r-cran-gam but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

I have tried many permutations with --fix-missing** --ignore-missing and the like, but not workd.
How can I get apt-get to ignore r-cran-pscl and just install the remaining?

kjetil
--
"If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
human face - forever."

George Orwell (1984)

Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:50:15 -0600, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:
> Hola!
>
> I am given the command
>
> sudo apt-get -t sid install ^r-cran
>
> but gets

> or been moved out of Incoming.

> r-cran-pscl : Depends: r-cran-gam but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> I have tried many permutations with --fix-missing --ignore-missing and
> the like, but not workd.
> How can I get apt-get to ignore r-cran-pscl and just install the remaining?

apt-get install $(apt-cache search -n ^r-cran | awk '!/r-cran-pscl/{print$1}')

This is ugly, of course; the proper solution to this kind of problem
involves replacing "-get" with "itude".

--
Regards, |
Florian | http://www.florian-kulzer.eu