Old 03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Brad Alexander

Default No graphs in Munin 2.0rc

Munin 2.0rc has been released into sid, and I have been having issues
with it, and was wondering if anyone has seen similar problems. It was
upgraded on the server and all the nodes, and i had to revert back to
the old config file because munin node would immediately die after
restarting with no errors. (I'm trying to find time to look into that
piece of it).

However, now on the munin page, none of the graphs are being drawn.
The page is being drawn, the links all work, but the graphs are little
boxes. Has anyone else upgraded to munin 2.0 and seen this?

Thanks,
--b

Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Darac Marjal

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 02:28:13PM -0400, Brad Alexander wrote:
> Munin 2.0rc has been released into sid, and I have been having issues
> with it, and was wondering if anyone has seen similar problems. It was
> upgraded on the server and all the nodes, and i had to revert back to
> the old config file because munin node would immediately die after
> restarting with no errors. (I'm trying to find time to look into that
> piece of it).
>
> However, now on the munin page, none of the graphs are being drawn.
> The page is being drawn, the links all work, but the graphs are little
> boxes. Has anyone else upgraded to munin 2.0 and seen this?

IIRC, Munin 2.0 has switched to CGI graphing by default (it was
available in 1.4, but optional), so check
/var/log/munin/munin-cgi-graph.log for errors. You might also try
right-clicking on one of the images and opening it in a new tab/window.
If the CGI process errors, I think it'll print out an error message to
the browser (however, the browser is expecting the data to be an image
so you get the broken-image icon). Finally, check your webserver's
error.log.

--
Darac Marjal

Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Brad Alexander

Thanks, Darac,

It's interesting, because when I tried opening the graph, and it gave me

Software error:

Can't open /var/log/munin/munin-cgi-graph.log (Permission denied) at
/usr/share/perl5/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm line 103.

The file was owned by www-data:adm. So I changed it to munin:adm,
which is what the rest of them were, but I'm still seeing the issue
with the same error message. I have tried setting the permissions on
munin-cgo-graph.log to 777 temporarily. I suspect that I may not have
set it up right, and a straight upgrade did not proceed as expected.

--b

Old 03-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Adam Ziaja

chmod +x /var/log/munin

Old 03-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Brad Alexander

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Adam Ziaja <adam@adamziaja.com> wrote:
> chmod +x /var/log/munin

It should be okay, since the directory is set to

drwxr-x--- 2 munin adm 4096 Mar 26 06:25 munin

You shouldn't need execute access for group other...

--b